Everyone recognizes the leader- he’s the one in front.
But is it in your customer’s best interest to pick the frontrunner?
There are so many ways of getting to the lead; some deserved, some not:
- Being there first
- Staying close and passing at the last moment
- Carrying on when everyone else gives up
- Being pushed to the front
- Cutting the line
- Standing still while everyone regresses
- Building an insurmountable lead and then resting
- Running your own race
Which are you this time?
In golf they don’t ask how, they ask how many.
In business, your customer might be wise to focus on how the frontrunner got there.