The captain has a case. The doctor has a bag. The mechanic has a toolbox.
What’s in your Pre-Sales kit?
- Computer technology: Laptops, tablets, and phones.
- Peripherals: USB charging cables, wireless mice, video projector dongles, presentation clickers, laser-pointers, cat-5 cables,* external batteries, laptop chargers, mi-fi devices, USB drives
- Tools: LED flashlights, sonic screwdrivers, post it notes, pens, pencils,
- Entertainment: headphones. So many pairs of headphones. Bluetooth headsets, soduko books, Kindle books, real books, juggling balls, sun glasses. Ever carry a cribbage board? It comes in handy during layovers in Montreal.
- Pharmaceuticals: Advil, Aleve, Sudafed, vitamins and minerals, tissues and napkins, ear plugs, water, candy bars, protein bars.
- Spare change: The national debt of Liberia, last time I checked, comprised of mixed coins from foreign lands, guitar picks, and an eclectic collection of lint and candy wrappers.
- Identification: passports, business cards, corporate ID, boarding passes, loyalty membership cards
There’s hardly an audio/visual situation we can’t rescue by rummaging about our bags and pulling out what’s needed, like a grandmother with a piece of Juicy-fruit gum. Within our wheeled* kits we have everything needed to stand up our soap-boxes on the business street-corner. So preach your stories, brothers and sisters!